With childhood obesity on the rise, children’s nurseries in Dubai are looking for a healthy alternative. Childhood obesity is due to one or several reasons like unhealthy eating habits, lack of physical activity and spending lots of time in front of the television or on an electronic device. It's difficult for parents , especially for those who are working to keep up with a child's eating habit, especially at this age as the little ones really enjoy snacking on food that are unhealthy as opposed to eating their healthy greens.
However, parents need to take the 'bull by the horn' and be on top of things as they are ultimately responsible for their child's well being and good health. In order to make sure their children do not pile on excess weight parents must make sure to prepare some healthy lunches or snacks so that they can bring it to their nursery in Dubai. The nursery will in turn make sure that children eat their food instead of bringing them back.
Despite eating healthy food, here are some tips to build better nutritional habits and how to improve the general well being of your child.
- Encourage healthy eating habits at home. If you're a working parent, try to eat healthy food on the weekends and also as much as possible over the weekdays. Stick to quick and healthy meals so that you and your child get the nutrition they need.
- Children learn by watching you, so as a parent, you should be eating healthy food as well, instead of fast food or junk food.
- Take a walk with your child every day after work, this will teach the importance of getting some fresh air and exercise.
- Reduce the stress levels in yourself as well as in your children by having a casual chat about their day and simply chilling out.
- Make sure you leave fruits and nuts around the house that your child can access easily so that they can eat a healthy snack if they are hungry as opposed to sugary food like cookies and candy.
- Make sure to involve your child in extracurricular activities in the kids nursery in Dubai, they do feature after school activities for nursery children on a weekly basis, choose what works best for you and your child.
- Reduce TV time and video game time.
- Take your child to the park where they can interact and play with other children as well.
- Visit the beach over the weekends to get some fresh air and some much needed relaxation time.
The Little House Nursery, one of the best nursery schools in Dubai insist that parents provide lunches and snacks for their children that are carefully planned to ensure that the children will receive a variety of different foods each day so that their daily intake of essential nutrients are met.